Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Run Baby Run...

Hey again Y'all! I know its been a little while since I've posted but I'm promising to make up for that ASAP! I miss my little bloggy family when I'm not telling you all about my quirky little life :)
Most of ya'll if you've been reading this blog for a while probably have gathered a good bit about me, who I am... because lets face it we put a LOT of who we are into these blogs.
That aside if you've been reading for a while you have probably realized that my biggest insecurities, and the thing i like least about myself is my weight. I've been heavier since I was in elementary school. I was always tall and chunky. I thinned out when I hit my growth spurt, but gained and gained while I was in high school until I reached a weight that I am ashamed to say I ever was (maybe I'll post about that later but thats not what this is about...)
I say all this to make a point, I promise. I was never a very active person, I played soccer and hated it, did cheerleading and hated it, I despised any and everything athletic.
Imagine my surprise, when as a Freshman in college... heaviest i've ever been I discovered that there was one physical activity I didn't hate, one physical activity that I didn't fight doing, one physical activity that actually made me feel like I was amazing... That activity oddly enough was Running!
I don't know what possessed me or why i decided to start running, but i can remember one day going for a walk, starting to jog and then running and thinking how free I felt, how strong, how brave.
Running is still my favorite activity, I get excited when I run, it's like every nerve in my body is on fire and I just can't wait to cross that next threshold, run a little faster, get a little better. My goal for running is pretty simple, I want to be able to Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes. I'm just getting started on that goal, running everyday on the treadmill to get my body in good enough shape for that is tough, but I do it anyway. I guess I just wanted to share this all with you because thats what this blog was supposed to be about, Running has become a passion, and it is certainly one of the things that brings me peace so what else can i do but share it with you!
Oh and just to keep you laughing for a little while...
:)
Running is super tough sometimes... I get out of breath easily {especially when it's super cold outside} so the biggest thing i've learned is that for me, if it's less than 50 or so outside i need to be running inside. And don't worry if you aren't as fast as the person next to you on the treadmil, It is NOT a competition against anyone else in the gym... Your only Competition is Yourself and the only way you loose is if you give up!
So go forth and Run {walk, jog, hop, skip, bounce what ever floats your boat} not away from your dreams and goals... but straight at them screaming!
Peace Love and Passion { I Run... What's Your Passion}
Love Always Tesla K.

1 comment:

  1. Run! Run! Run! Do what you love...and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete