Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Pale Girl's Survival Guide... Beach Edition

In my last two weeks before I start law school I'm going to be spending a LOT of time at the beach, which I am beyond excited about!
However, my love for the sun, sand, and surf comes at a price! I can't just spend all day laying on the beach, soaking up the sun, swimming and such without a few (quite a few) precautions! Because lets face it I'm just too pale!
My skin is so white it's not even funny and I DON'T tan not even a little, I pretty much turn red and suffer in agony for days before going right back to pale with only a few extra freckles to show for my effort... something that I'm fairly certain a few of you will be able to relate to... That said I do have a fairly fool proof way of keeping myself from getting burned and still enjoying the beauty of the South Carolina shore...
First off, I rely very heavily on sunscreen. When it comes to my choice of sunscreen I'm really really picky, I don't use aerosol sunscreens because the chemicals in them are terrible for your skin, I make sure to buy a sunscreen that is a physical screen rather than a chemical sunscreen.
For this trip I tried out something new, Bull Frog for Kids SPF 50 and It worked wonderful! If you're slightly less pale than I am an SPF 30 or less might be the ticket but I need 50 or better

The second most important thing to remember is to RE-APPLY your sunscreen every hour... or sometimes every 30 minutes if you're in the water or it's really really hot and you're sweating off your screen...
Step two is to have the right gear! I personally would recommend A large wide brimmed hat and a very large pair of sunglasses along with a swimsuit coverup that is made of a solid material (NOT SEE THROUGH!) as shown below

These items will keep you covered! And having been at the beach for the past three days, out in the sun almost all day every day I can honestly say it worked great! I'm not even a little burnt! Which is a first for me!
Hopefully these tips will help my fellow fair skinned girls and guys from getting baked at the beach!
Happy Summer and Stay Fabulous!
Love Always Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment