Wednesday, October 09, 2013

AHHHHH..... Finally!

Happy Wednesday Loves! I am so excited to finally have enough free time to write a little bit that i'm about to burst! I've missed my outlet something fierce! I am doubly excited because today is Wednesday... and as a newly engaged woman, who is busy planning a wedding I figured what better time than now to do my first ever Wedding Wednesday post! Made even more exciting by the fact that today is Wednesday October the 9th, and ten months from today I will be walking down the aisle to my handsome fiance and finally get to call him mine forever!
That's a lot to be excited about, and a lot to be thankful for!
I figured there was no better way to start off my Wedding Wednesday posts than to tell you all the whole (and by whole I mean True) story about our engagement, and It never hurts to have these things written down somewhere just in case I ever forget(not likely but hey stranger things have happened).
For the past seven years R and I have been together, and any time his family goes on a vacation I'm almost always invited. This year was no different, his family planned their annual beach vacation for August 3 - 10 and I was going to get to go for the entire time which I was super excited about! R however wasn't as lucky, at first we didn't think he was going to get to go at all, but at the last minute he decided that he and I would head down to Myrtle the night before everyone else, when he got off work. So we left out on August 2nd and headed for the beach planning to get there early enough to hang out on the beach that night and of course something always goes wrong and we didn't get there as early as we thought. We found a motel for the night and got up early the next morning to get breakfast and enjoy our day at the beach before everyone else got there.
As is our beach tradition we had breakfast at the IHOP on Kings Highway, and then after breakfast i begged Ridge to drive us out to Pawley's Island (for those who don't know it's a town about twenty minutes from MB)so we got in the car and headed there!

When we got into the town and drove up to the beach parking lot. We walked on the beach, took lots of pictures, held hands... you know all that couple stuff that couples do and then after about forty-five minutes we headed back to the car. We pulled out of the parking lot and were headed back to the North Causeway when he reaches across me and opens the glove compartment and pulls out some paperwork. He looks at me, hands me the paperwork and says "here you're gonna need this." I just looked at him, and asked him "why" i can remember thinking where did he get zales paperwork and why do I need it. At which point he reaches across me again, pulls a box out the glove compartment and hands it to me. Without a word just hands me the box. I sit there for a few more minutes and he stops the car and says "aren't you going to open it?", I looked at the box, wondering what i could be (because I apparently am an idiot but that is another post for another time) and then it hits me. I start tearing up as I realize what's in the box. I open it and the most beautiful ring I have ever seen is sitting there just looking at me. I of course start to cry.

I look at him, he looks at me and in typical R fashion he says "well?" no question, no nothing just a "well?". I said yes of course and we kissed and then we drove back to Myrtle Beach to meet up with his family.
Looking back on it all now It wasn't the proposal i'd dreamed of, and to this day he hasn't actually said the words "will you marry me?" but I realize now that for us it was perfect. There are no pictures and he admitted to me later it wasn't how he planned it, heck the ring didn't even fit, but for us it was on par with the rest of our lives together. A nontraditional proposal for the girl who asked her boyfriend out after football practice one day, for the couple who never cared what other people thought about them being together, and the boy who never did anything by the book in his life. Our engagement story is just that... OURS and it is as unique and special to me as he is.
Much like everything else in my life, it may not have been what I expected but it was exactly right for us!
Until Next time my Loves!
Stay Fabulous and lets try to keep it legal :)
Love Tesla!

No comments:

Post a Comment