Thursday, December 18, 2014

Stocking Stuffers for Everyone on Your List

Let me just be the first to say... I detest stocking stuffers in general. For the most part they consist of candy, and junk that you don't like/need/want/use. It's a great gesture but honestly for the most part they seem to be a waste of money to me.

Additionally while researching for this post I came across so many "Stocking Stuffers for Everyone" lists, and the number one thing that appalled me is the amount it would cost me to stuff a stocking with the items on those lists. One stocking would have cost me over $300.00 in stocking stuffers and I can't afford to spend that much to stuff a stocking.

I generally spend between $50.00 and $75.00 on R's "stocking stuffers" which is actually a bit much. But he doesn't get a lot of wrapped gifts really since things like Xbox Live membership or an Itunes gift card are things he really wants and those a pricey yet very small.

So my mission... since I chose to except it is to create a list of stocking stuffers for women, men, and children that won't break the bank and aren't going to wind up in the garbage bin by Valentines day.


Obviously I would never purchase all of the items on the list to stuff a stocking... that would totally defeat my affordable goal. I try to choose one or two nice items and fill the rest with candy that R likes or little things that I know he'll use like chapstick (since he uses it but loses it!)


All stocking stuffers included in this post are able to be purchased at Target, and are Items that I would be happy to receive. For the men's I consulted with my husband, as well as a few male friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment