Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Spring is for changes... A life Update

Today's post is more of a general life update than anything... Good things are happening for Team Howell and I'm pretty psyched to share them with you!

I am currently almost 2/3 done with law school!!!

I just registered for my 3L classes a week or so ago and it feels so unreal that this time next year my time at USC Law will be coming to an end.

Instead of having my summer off this year I will be taking a Maymester class and then during the summer term I will be doing an Externship! I'm super excited for this opportunity to get more experience in the legal field.

I received a spot in a clinic during the Spring 2016 semester, so this time next year I'll be practicing Law for real! Even though I won't officially be a lawyer yet. (More on the clinical program later it's actually a really cool thing!)

I also finally chose a specialty... which is something I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to make up my mind on.

Oh and WE FINALLY DECIDED WHERE WE WANT TO LIVE WHEN I GRADUATE... which also means i've finally decided which states bar exam to take, and was able to sign up for a bar prep course which is awesome!

Enough about me... lets talk about the Team Captain :)

So, I've been pretty hesitant to blog about this since it's not my news.
Well in a way it is, it definitely effects me, but it also has nothing to do with me.

I'm super excited to share it with you guys and It's something that has been a long time coming... Pretty soon Mr. R. H. will be going back to school! 

I can't tell you how excited and proud I am for my sweet husband in this decision to do something to make his life easier. Yall alll know that I'm a law  student , but you may not know that in order to make  my  dream come true my wonderful husband put his own  on hold. He's been working for the past two years while I go to school and we made the decision a few weeks ago that It was time for him to go back. Even though I'm still in school, I am able to work this year and that takes some of the pressure off of him. We did some math, made some tough decisions, and figured out how we could afford to make this work and still be able to pay our bills... and after a lot of praying, arguing, and number crunching R will be quitting his job and going back to school at the end of April! 

I just ask that you keep us in your prayers as R goes to school. It won't be easy for us, and it will definitely be trying to live on my income alone. But we're excited for this new chapter in his life, and In the end this was the best thing for our future.

Love You All!

No comments:

Post a Comment