Monday, May 25, 2015

A Second Day Hair Do...

Did  y'all know that you aren't supposed to wash your hair  every day???

I ask because I didn't... and I did/do wash my hair on a daily basis. I do this because I have extremely fine hair and if I don't wash it on a daily basis It looks nasty and oily.

I read somewhere that the best way to fix that problem is to train your scalp to produce less oil by washing less often... sounds pretty easy right?

Wrong! If you live in a world where you don't have time to live with nasty hair while you train your scalp/have a professor that won't allow you to wear a hat to cover up the fact that you didn't wash your hair... aka if you're in my current/future position. {Pretty sure the Judges won't let me wear a hat in court just because I don't want to wash my hair every day}

** Also I feel the need to add that I didn't just skip my shower, I shower everyday. It's just my hair that I don't want to get cleaned every day. **

So I decided to get creative the other day and was pretty happy with my end result. There are two possible variations on this hairstyle and I'm actually going to share them both with you.

Supplies Needed: Dry Shampoo, Hairspray, Enough Bobby Pins to set of a metal detector, and embellishments as desired.

Look #1 (or maybe better to call it part one)


Step One: Get out of bed... LOL
Step Two: Run Brush/Comb/Fingers through your bed head to detangle if needed
Step Three: Dry Shampoo... I use Bed Head Oh Bee Hive (available here). Apply as directed to your hair. I left it on for about a minute longer than the bottle said before proceeding to step four.
Step Four: Using your brush or comb comb out your hair. If you have side bangs like I do, go ahead and part your hair and arrange your bangs like you normally would.
Step Five: Place headband on your head, secure with bobby pins if necessary.
Step Six: Gather small sections of your hair, twist at back of head and secure with bobby pins, repeat until you have a very messy pony tail located about halfway down the back of your head.
Step Seven: Spray with hair spray until you are comfortable that the hair will not fall during the day.

Now, if the look you wanted was a messy pony tail you're finished. However if you're not in the mood for messy or you don't like the way the finished product looks you can proceed to look number Two:


Step One: Take hair from messy pony tail, tuck ends under to create a Chignon at the base of your neck. Secure each section with a bobby pin.
Step Two: Spray with hair spray.
Step Three: Check for Strays... spray again if needed
Step Four: Add embellishment (i chose a bright flower clip)
Step Five: Leave the house with dirty second day hair that you won't want to cover up!

SO... what do y'all think of my second day hair? 
Do you have any second day hair tricks you like? 
Please feel free to share!

Love,
Tesla

No comments:

Post a Comment