Friday, October 23, 2015

Fashion Friday.... Autumn Wedding Edition

Weddings are my favorite! 
I just love, well... Love!

and getting to watch two people who love each other make a commitment to one another for the rest of their lives is a beautiful thing...

A beautiful thing that in the majority of circumstances requires an outfit that is something slightly more than your day to day attire.

In the summer a cute sundress can suffice, but in autumn when the temperatures are cooler and a sundress just won't do??? 
Oh well then what's a girl to do?

Solution...
There are a few ways to do this, and depending on the temperature any and all are fully acceptable

Option 1 Pair your classic LBD with tights, heels, and a wrap or shawl, for dressier weddings, especially if your LBD is sleeveless or strapless. (generally i would never advocate wearing black to a wedding... like ever, but that's just a personal preference)



Option 2: Pair a fun shift dress with tights, boots or heels, and a statement necklace, for an afternoon wedding.


I will say that all three of these options are decidedly casual, and if the wedding you are attending is more formal in nature you should consider something else, either a cocktail dress or if extremely formal go floor length... However, i don't know I've ever been to a wedding where that was necessary, i've been to a few in cocktail attire, but no floor length gown formal occasions!

Tomorrow I'll be traveling back to Greenwood S.C for the wedding of my beautiful college roommate and her equally wonderful fiance! They are just the most amazing couple and I can't wait to see them finally get married! She was one of my beautiful bridesmaids and I am so blessed to be able to witness her marry the love of her life tomorrow! After all high school sweet hearts are a one of a kind love... I'd know. I'm married to mine, and soon this beautiful lady to my right will be married to hers!


Congrats Briana and Drew! I know tomorrow is going to be the best day and a beautiful start to the best life!  I love you guys and I'm so happy for you.

Kisses...
Tesla

Also... a picture of what I actually wore will be forthcoming... I had to go to the store and buy pantyhose so I didn't get a picture when I was getting all the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment