Monday, November 16, 2015

Lip Service... a la NYX!

I have an obsession... 
It's real...
It's terrifying...
for my wallet...

It's NYX Lip Products...

and I want them all!!

I recently purchased a few different NYX lip products, These included the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in several colors, the NYX Intense Butter Gloss, NYX Butter Gloss, and the NYX Butter Lipstick... 



I swatched them all so you could see them, from top to bottom you have SMLC in Cairo, San Paulo, Istanbul, and Sydney. Then you have the Intense Butter Gloss in Banana Split, the Butter Gloss in Cherry Cheese Cake, and the Butter Lipstick in Bonfire.


SO I guess I'll start with what i loved... and then we can move on to what i didn't.

Those Soft Matte Lip Cremes... i don't even know what to say about them! They are so pigmented, so beautiful, so creamy, they smell wonderful, they dry to a wonderful matte finish, they don't fall into my lip lines like matte lipsticks do, and they smell like flipping icing or something!

Oh and the other thing about them is once they dry, that color is locked in place! I swear to you these babies survived eating, drinking, and the occasional kiss and almost never needed to be touched up at the wedding I went to a few weeks ago. The only reason I found myself in need of a touch up was because I accidentally wiped my mouth with a napkin at one point and lost some color... but it's pretty impressive that it lasted as long as it did.

I love every single color I purchased and will be going back over time until I have all (well almost all) of these babies in my makeup collection! I'm in love!

The Butter Lipstick is also beautiful! It's a creamy consistency and the color is the most perfect cherry red color. It makes something inside me happy whenever I wear it. Its soft, and supple, and even though the color is very bright it is very forgiving and doesn't stain my lips at all! (Hooray for NYX for making a red that I can actually get off!!!!) I love the formula of the Butter Lipsticks and I will definitely be going back to purchase more of these beautiful babies in the future! 

The Butter Glosses (intense and otherwise) are beautiful colors! They smell wonderful, and for a lipgloss, and at this price point they are pretty spectacular. However I'm not a gloss girl, which I know has more to do with my dislike of these glosses than anything else. I just don't enjoy the sticky feeling of my lips after using glosses. They don't dry to a non-sticky finish, they fade quickly, and my hair gets stuck in them. No Bueno, but still good for girls who love glosses, or younger girls who want sheer color without the intensity of the SMLC's. I will either be returning these or gifting my little sister with them as I am and will forever be a lipstick and lip creme girl.


I also purchased a tube of the NYX Matte Lipstick in the shade Temptress, which was the most perfect pink nude, but that was a fail for me so I most likely won't be repurchasing. [just a personal preference i didn't like how it looked on my lips. I have a lot of lines in my lips and the product settled wrong]

Kisses...
Tesla

Disclaimer: These opinions are entirely my own. I am in no way affiliated with this brand, nor have I been compensated in anyway for giving my opinion on these products. I share because I care!

No comments:

Post a Comment